Elect Brandon Vance for the Berrien County Register of Deeds
Properly recorded land records determine who owns what and how much they owe.
My name is Brandon Vance and as a candidate for the Berrien County Register of Deeds office, I am asking for your vote. This office has been a goal of mine for a long time and I have prepared for this in many ways.
My background is very unique and tailored to fit perfectly with the Register of Deeds office. I have nearly 10 years of experience in the real estate industry. I understand the importance of the Register of Deeds office and the impact it has on the real estate community. My experience in the mortgage industry has provided me with experiences vital to the Register of Deeds office. From rising to JPMorgan Chase’s #1 ranked mortgage processor (2,100 processors throughout the entire United States) to my experiences as Notre Dame Federal Credit Union’s Mortgage Development Administrator tasked with ensuring we were in compliance with the then new, and highly complex TILA-RESPA integrated disclosures(TRID) requirements, I have gained invaluable and relatable real estate experience. My experiences with different rules and regulations will help me navigate through any policy changes this office might undertake. Please see my resume located in the About Me section for all my qualifications and experiences.
Protecting real estate property records requires real experience in real estate documents.
- Integrity can't be broken.
- Honesty and compassion.
- Years of experience in land records, mortgage compliance, real estate training, and problem solving.
- Proudly served 6 years in the Michigan Army National Guard, the last 3 years as a Sergeant.
- Endorsed by the Michigan Republican Assembly and many local real estate professionals.
ONCE ELECTED, BRANDON VANCE
WILL WORK TOWARDS
- Will continue and expand the internship program set up by Lori Jarvis which will include an outreach program involving local high schools. I will partner with members of the local real estate community to engage our youth in not just the importance of having a properly recorded land record, but will also focus on professional real estate careers. Job Shadowing!
- Implement a fraud prevention program that will allow property owners to opt into a service that alerts owners when the enrolled land appears in a recorded document. I will look into many aspects of this, including potentially offering automatic signup with recording.
- Creating an Emergency Disaster Plan for the Register of Deeds.
- Work with other departments, like the road department to make road right of way and other utility easement information more accessible and transparent.
- High quality service without the high budget.
- Will work with title companies to ensure their customers and Berrien County landowners have no issues recording their new piece of property.
- Will work with lenders, debt servicers, and title companies to ensure all lien and lien releases are recorded, processed, and mailed back to the appropriate party in a quick and timely fashion.
- Will continue the work of the late Lori Jarvis by scanning and indexing historical records in a way that meets the Michigan Code requirements.
- Will hold round table events where local industry leaders can come together and communicate any positive actions happening in the real estate community and to also voice any concerns, they might have involving the recording of documents or access to the land records.
Vote for experience.
Vote Brandon Vance for Register of Deeds
Thank you to everyone who is interested in electing an individual with high integrity and valuable real estate experience.